The Charleston county government will hold public community workshops to gather information on growth in Charleston county.
This is part of the county's comprehensive plan 10 year update.
The meetings will be held in different areas of the county, this week and next week.
The public will have an opportunity to give input on the proposed amendments to the plan during the upcoming workshops.
Each workshop will have a drop-in format where attendees can view the proposed amendments at their own pace and submit comments and suggestions before leaving the workshops.
Citizens can also view and submit comments and suggestions here on the county’s website
The remaining workshop dates and locations are as followed:
- Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.Johns Island High School1518 Main Road, Johns Island
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.Wando High School1000 Warrior Way, Mount Pleasant
- Monday, March 26, 2018, 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.Ladson Elementary School3321 Ladson Road, Ladson
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.Lonnie Hamilton, III Public Services Building4045 Bridge View Drive, North Charleston
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.West Ashley High School4060 W. Wildcat Blvd., West Ashley
- Thursday, March 29, 2018, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.James Island Elementary School1872 Grimball Road, James Island