CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - For the second day in a row, holiday themed parades and events are being rescheduled because of the threat of severe weather in the Lowcountry.
Here is the latest list of cancellations and postponements:
- Charleston’s Holiday Farmers Market closed on Sunday because of the potential for severe weather.
- Charleston’s Holiday Parade originally scheduled for Sunday, will now take place on Dec. 16, according to a statement by the City of Charleston.
- Charleston’s Tree Lighting Ceremony at Marion Square, scheduled for Sunday night, is canceled.
- Folly Beach’s Tree Lighting in the Park has been postponed until Dec. 7 at 7 p.m., Public Safety Director Andrew Gilreath said.
- Friends of McLeod Oyster Roast and Barbecue, scheduled for Sunday, has been canceled because of the threat of severe weather. A new date will be announced in the future.
- North Charleston’s Christmas Parade was rescheduled for Dec. 8 at 5 p.m., city officials said on Saturday.
- Wine Under the Oaks at Boone Hall Plantation, scheduled for Sunday, has been rescheduled for Jan. 20. Tickets for Sunday’s event would be honored on the new date, Boone Hall Plantation spokesman Rick Benthall said.
This list will be updated with any additional schedule changes. Check back for updates.
Copyright 2018 WCSC. All rights reserved.