Check here for shelter information across the Charleston area
- Charleston County Coastal Pre-Release Center - 3765 Leeds Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29405 *Pet-friendly location
- Coastal Pre-Release Center on 3765 Leeds Avenue in North Charleston.* Pet-friendly location
- Military Magnet Academy on 2950 Carner Ave in North Charleston.
- R.B. Stall High School on 3625 Ashley Phosphate Road in North Charleston.
- Jerry Zucker Middle School on 6401 Dorchester Road in North Charleston.
- Colleton County High School - 150 Cougar Nation Drive, Walterboro, SC 29488
- Dubose Middle School (Pet friendly shelter) - 1005 Dubose School Road, Summerville, SC 29483
- Residents evacuating to a shelter should pack minimally, bringing only the essentials i.e. bedding (blankets or sleeping bag, pillows, air mattresses or cots) personal hygiene products, a form of identification, all medications, important documents, a change of clothes, food and water for 3-4 days.
- Residents who feel they may need to relocate to a special medical needs shelter should call the SCDHEC triage phone line at 1-855-472-3432 followed by #5.
- Pleasant Hill Elementary - 127 Schoolhouse Road, Hemingway, SC 29554
- Williamsburg County Rec - 2084 Thurgood Marshall Road, Kingstree, SC 29556
**All shelters open Monday September 2nd at 12 p.m. Citizens should bring necessary personal items with them. Transportation pick up points can be found at charlestoncounty.org. Buses will run from the pick up points to shelters from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m each day weather permitting.
- Westview Middle School
- Berkley Middle School - 320 North Live Oak Drive, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- Cane Bay High School
- St. Stephen Elementary School - 1053 Russellville Road, Saint Stephen, SC 29479 *pet friendly*
- Special Needs Medical Shelter
- Conway High School - 2301 Church Street, Conway, SC 29526
- Loris High School - 301 Loris Lions Road, Loris, SC 29569