By Riley Bean and Live 5 Web Staff | October 2, 2020 at 10:47 AM EDT - Updated October 2 at 3:52 PM
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Authorities have released video of a City of Charleston Councilman’s arrest who was charged with DUI.
The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office arrested 37-year-old Karl Brady. He was arrested for a first offense driving under the influence charge, the Al Cannon Detention Center states.
Deputies say Brady was arrested at 12:30 a.m. Friday when Brady rear-ended another vehicle at a Cookout drive-thru on West Ashley.
Video of the arrest can be found below.
Charleston County’s website says Brady is the Charleston City Council member for District 5, representing Outer West Ashley and Johns Island. In his role on City Council, they say Karl serves on the following committees and commissions:
- Committee on Traffic and Transportation (Vice-Chair)
- Committee on Special Facilities
- Committee on Human Resources
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission
- Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester Council of Governments Charleston Area Transportation Study Committee
- West Ashley Revitalization Commission
Copyright 2020 WCSC. All rights reserved.