By Riley Bean | October 2, 2020 at 10:47 AM EDT - Updated October 2 at 10:53 AM
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - The Al Cannon Detention Center says they have detained a City of Charleston Councilman for DUI.
Karl Brady, 37, has been arrested for a first offense driving under the influence charge, Al Cannon Detention Center says.
According to jail records, Brady was booked at 4:16 a.m. Friday.
Charleston County’s website says Brady is the Charleston City Council member for District 5, representing Outer West Ashley and Johns Island. In his role on City Council, they say Karl serves on the following committees and commissions:
- Committee on Traffic and Transportation (Vice-Chair)
- Committee on Special Facilities
- Committee on Human Resources
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission
- Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester Council of Governments Charleston Area Transportation Study Committee
- West Ashley Revitalization Commission
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Copyright 2020 WCSC. All rights reserved.