CHARLESTON, SC (WSCC) - Hurricane Florence is forecasted to impact the Lowcountry beginning Wednesday as the powerful system makes landfall somewhere on the eastern United States.
On Monday, Governor McMaster ordered a mandatory evacuation for the SC coast and closed a number of schools.
Below you is a list of all schools and business closed for the Lowcountry:
Updated 9/12 1:30PM
Schools & Colleges
All public schools in the following counties are closed until further notice: Beaufort, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Jasper, Lexington, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Orangeburg, Richland, Sumter, and Williamsburg.
- Ashley Hall will be closed starting Wednesday
- Beaufort County School District has canceled classes for the remainder of the week.
- Berkeley County Schools will be closed beginning Tuesday until further notice.
- Carolina Bay Child Development Center is closing at noon Tuesday.
- Charleston County School District schools will be closed beginning Tuesday.
- Charleston Southern University will end classes Monday at 2 p.m. and asks students to use Blackboard to keep up with assignments. Campus offices will close at 4 p.m. and remain closed until further notice.
- Charleston Woodworking School night and weekend programs have been canceled for this week.
- The Citadel- Due to the potential impact of Hurricane Florence, all scheduled campus activities, including classes, sporting events meetings and campus visits are canceled starting September 11 until further notice.
- College of Charleston has canceled all classes and events Tuesday until further notice
- Colleton County School District has canceled school on Tuesday through Friday in anticipation of potential severe weather conditions.
- Dorchester District Two will close all school and facilities Tuesday through Friday
- First Baptist School - Closed on Tuesday until further notice.
- James Island Christian School will be closed beginning Tuesday.
- Jasper County School District has canceled classes Wednesday
- Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology in Goose Creek will be closing beginning tonight until further notice.
- Limestone College will close Evening Program classes on Tuesday and canceling classes for the remainder of the week in Charleston. Limestone College officials will make a decision regarding any Day Campus class cancellations later this week in the event of heavy rains, flooding, or high winds from the hurricane.
- Lowcountry Food Bank will close Tuesday until further notice
- Mevers School of Excellence will be closed for the remainder of the week
- Medical University of South Carolina. University will be closed on Tuesday and no classes will be held on MUSC. University will remain closed until further notice. MUSC Health remains under normal operations at this time.
- Music in Motion - Will not be open this week until further notice.
- Palmetto Christian Academy will be closed Tuesday until further notice.
- Palmetto School of Career Development has canceled all classes from Tuesday to Saturday. Admin staff has been asked to report to work Tuesday to be briefed about the upcoming days
- Southeastern Institute Charleston campus will be closed Tuesday for day and evening classes
- SC State University- Closed Monday at 5 p.m. until further notice. Information on reopening will be shared on campus communication platforms.
- Social Security offices: Charleston, Walterboro, Beaufort
- Southeastern Institutes - The Charleston campus will closed Wednesday at 5 p.m. and will reopen for regularly-scheduled classes on Monday.
- Trident Technical College has canceled Tuesday's Sept. 11 film screenings. They will be rescheduled to a later date. The college will be closed and all classes canceled through Friday.
Government Offices and Agencies
All state and county offices (non-essential personnel) will close in these counties: Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Barnwell, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Lexington, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Orangeburg, Richland, Sumter, and Williamsburg.?
- The Berkeley County Animal Shelter will stop accepting pets on Monday and begin preparing for possible evacuations. The shelter is currently asking for people to come foster the animals. The shelter will not be accepting owner surrenders or strays until Hurricane Florence no longer poses a threat to South Carolina.
- Bluffton Town Council - The Council meeting for Tuesday has been canceled.
- The Charleston County Transportation Committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday morning has been canceled.
- The City of Hanahan's Municipal Court will be closed Wednesday and cases will be rescheduled on Sept. 26. City Hall offices will be closed Wednesday and Thursday with Friday to be announced. The regular City Council meeting is still scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Dominion Energy- Charleston meet and greet postponed.
- Francis Marion National Forest - Campgrounds and offices have closed ahead of Florence until further notice.
Businesses and Organizations
- The Alan Jackson Honky Tonk Highway Tour concert scheduled for Friday in North Charleston has been postponed. Tour management, promoters and arena personnel are working through the logistics of rescheduling the show; all tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date.
- Beaufort-Jasper Water & Sewer Authority will reopen Wednesday at 8:30 a.m., resuming normal hours.
- Berkeley Industries closed 9/11- 9/14
- Bluffton has canceled their Town Council meeting, Municipal Court and the 9//11 Commemoration Ceremony scheduled for Tuesday
- Boeing South Carolina will suspend operations Tuesday and will resume when it is safe to do so.
- The Breastfeeding Center of Charleston will close all locations at 5 p.m. Tuesday and will reopen on Monday.
- Brookgreen Gardens will be closed from Tuesday through Saturday.
- Charleston City Council, Commission and Committee meetings for the week have been postponed.
- Charleston County Public Library will close all its branches as well as book drop starting Tuesday until further notice
- Charleston Endoscopy Center will be closed through Friday.
- Charleston GI Specialists will close all offices through Friday.
- Charleston International Airport is operating on a normal schedule, but airport officials urge people to check for flight updates with their airlines. Decisions to cancel flights will be made by the airlines.
- The Charleston Walk to end Alzheimer's 2018 has been postponed until Oct. 14.
- Charleston Water System offices are closed and will reopen on Monday. Bill payments can still be made 24/7 online, via night deposit or by phone at 843-727-6800. For emergencies, customers should call 843-727-6800.
- Coastal Pediatric Associates will close all locations Tuesday at 5 p.m. through at least Thursday.
- CREC Property Management on Daniel Island will be closed until further notice.
- Dermatology and Laser Center of Charleston will be closing both of its locations from Tuesday to Friday
- Dorchester Paws will be closed Monday and Tuesday to evacuate animals. Anyone who can help by temporarily fostering (cats first) is asked to come to 136 Four Paws Lane and bring your own carrier if possible.
- Lowcountry Regional EMS Council has canceled all classes for the remainder of Monday. The Main Office will remain open until Monday at 5 p.m. The National Registry Exam scheduled for this Friday has been rescheduled for Sept. 28 at 8:30 a.m.
- Mount Pleasant Water will be closed for business Tuesday and will be under emergency operations until the mandatory evacuation is lifted
- Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum will be closed beginning on Tuesday.
- Private Therapy Services in Mount Pleasant and West Ashley will be closed through Friday.
- The Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center in downtown Charleston and its community-based outpatient clinics in Myrtle Beach, Beaufort, North Charleston, and Goose Creek will remain fully operational until noon on Tuesday. Outpatient clinics will close at that time for the rest of the week. Outpatient procedures at the VA Medical Center are canceled Tuesday through Friday. Inpatient operations at the VA hospital will continue and the Emergency Department will be open. The VA hospital and clinics in South Carolina are scheduled to re-open on Monday. Patients with appointments at the Charleston VA Medical Center and its clinics in South Carolina will be contacted to reschedule. Should additional patient appointments be canceled moving forward, patients will be notified by the clinics. All VA employees should report to work for their scheduled tours of duty on the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 11. Staff will be updated as changes occur.
- SC Works Trident Centers will be closed Tuesday until further notice
- Southeastern Spine Institute will be closed Wednesday through Friday
- Special Olympics of South Carolina September Slammer State Tennis Tournament in Columbia has been canceled. The fundraiser in Aiken has also been canceled.
- Summerville Commissioners of Public Works will close their offices Wednesday and reopen on Monday. In case of water/sewer emergencies in the service area, you are asked to call 843-871-0810.
- Summerville Endoscopy Center will be closed through Friday.
- Summerville Meals on Wheels closed Wednesday through Friday
- The WOW! office is closing Tuesday through Thursday and no installs will be possible at that time.
- Title Boxing Club West Ashley location will be closed until Monday
- Trident and Summerville Medical Centers - In preparation for Hurricane Florence, Trident and Summerville Medical Centers will close physician practice locations effective 7 a.m. Tuesday, September 11 through Friday, September 14. Hospitals and emergency rooms at Trident Medical Center, Summerville Medical Center, Moncks Corner Medical Center and Centre Pointe Emergency will remain open at this time.
- Walmart SuperCenter and Neighborhood Market locations in West Ashley, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Ladson, Folly Beach, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, Summerville, Murrells Inlet, Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Conway, Garden City and Surfside Beach are closed. A Sam's Club location in Myrtle Beach is also closed.
- Wells Fargo is closing branches at 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Tuesday. It includes all branches in the Charleston area, Lowcountry and Myrtle Beach
Military Bases and Facilities
- The 20th Fighter Wing at Shaw Air Force Base will postpone Tuesday's 9/11 17th Anniversary Ceremony.
- Joint Base Charleston - The Joint Base Charleston Commander has issued a limited evacuation order (LEO) due to the projected path of Hurricane Florence. The base is currently in Hurricane Condition IV. Base personnel and residents should work through their chain of command and determine an evacuation plan. In accordance with the governor’s direction, the LEO states that all military members and Department of Defense civilians designated as non-essential personnel are authorized to evacuate beginning at 6 p.m. Sept. 10, 2018.
- Naval Health Clinic Charleston's pharmacy will close at 7 p.m. Monday. The NHCC will be closed Tuesday except to patients who have scheduled appointments before noon. NHCC's pharmacy will be open until 10 a.m. Tuesday for emergency prescriptions only. All appointments for Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be canceled. All NHCC employees, except essential personnel, are permitted to begin evacuating at 6 p.m. Monday. Employees are asked to stay in contact with their chain of command for evacuation guidance and instructions.