Subject: TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD TUESDAY
Email: to me from our 'Cash Contest Winner' Michael of Goose Creek
We finished the Nursery renovation at our Church, Calvary Nazarene Church in Goose Creek, on Saturday 4 May 2019. My wife Dorinda, my brother-in-law James and myself did the work and the $1,000 was put to good use for this project.
Here is a small list things that were done:
- took out old carpet and installed a new laminate floor
- repainted all walls with new bright gender neutral color
- repainted all trim work and chair rail
- bought numerous new toys that could be disinfected on a daily basis (my wife's idea being a Medical Technologist at MUSC)
- bought new Glider for Mom's and new babies
- bought new mattresses for the crib and changing table and new comforter for the crib
- bought new cushioned mats for the smaller children that crawl on the floor
- new pictures for the walls
- bought new kids furniture
And the most important thing that we did was to dedicate it in the cherished memory of Jackson Thomas Smith. Jackson Thomas Smith is the grandson of our close friends at our church, Will and Sandra Smith. We have known them for over 25 years and have watched their 2 boys grow up in the church, Thomas and Michael. Jackson Thomas Smith was the son of Thomas and Hannah Smith, and was born last year 23 June 2018, at MUSC 2 months early. He lived for 6 weeks and fought very hard to stay here with his parents. Ironically, Jackson and I share the same birthday and my wife and I thought it was fitting to do this renovation in honor of him.
Thanks again for everything! Michael in Goose Creek